Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD and AutoCAD is a powerful add-on designed for users who need to import, export and manage spatial data in a simple, fast and inexpensive way, which includes many possibilities not seen. It comes in a lightweight application that runs inside BricsCAD or AutoCAD and allows the user to import and export geospatial data between BricsCAD or AutoCAD drawings and geospatial files, data servers or data stores, display background maps and manage alphanumeric data and data tables.
- Import from Google Earth (KML or KMZ), OpenStreetMap (OSM or PBF), Shapefiles (SHP), GPS, Points (many formats), Excel, Access, ESRI ArcInfo®, MapInfo, GML (GML or GZ), PostGIS, SQL Server, SQLite, and many more geospatial sources
- Export to Google Earth (KML or KMZ), Shapefiles (SHP), Points (many formats), MapInfo, PostGIS, SQL Server, SQLite, and many more geospatial targets
- Transformation of coordinates optional
- Backgrounds Maps, powerful and easy to use
- Publishing to Google Earth
- Alphanumeric data tables as Extended Entity Data (EED). Manage data tables and fields. Data viewer and editor included
- Save Tasks to replay the import processes so many times as desired
- Interface simple, intuitive and productive
- Perpetual licenses. Pay once, no periodic fees
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD imports spatial data, into new or existing BricsCAD drawings, as BricsCAD entities and Extended Entity Data (EED), using a powerful wizard which lets the user choose or select all the necessary import parameters in order to get differentiated spatial information in a CAD drawing.
Batch-import, automatic layering, fill of polygons, blocks according data values and mapped attributes, labeling, elevation, thickness or the spatial filter are only part of the application functionality when importing from spatial files, data servers, data stores, etc.
There are some advanced and powerful techniques to speed up the import processes.
The “Tasks” save all the import processes parameters and options in order to repeat these processes so many times as desired. It is possible to execute one or more “Tasks” at once.
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD exports entities from the drawing to spatial files or databases, and saves their Extended Entity Data (EED) as alphanumeric data tables using a wizard, which shares some of the steps with the import wizard. In the same way, the user can choose or select the export parameters to define all the target data among a great number of possibilities.
There are options to export the Coordinates, Length or Area, the entities Layer, Handle and Elevation, the Attributes and the name of the Block references and their properties, the Texts and their properties, etc. The entities will be automatically filtered when exporting, and all the geometric operations needed to fit the target data format (such as segmenting curved entities) are automatically performed.
What’s new in Spatial Manager for BricsCAD V6
- Terrains (Related video). As an extension of the dynamic Background Maps technology, now you can:
- Get 3D Points from elevation services in any region of the earth
- Create 2D or 3D contours from drawing points or elevation services
- Set the contours intervals
- Choose drawing styles for each type of contour
- Customize contour labels
- Build data tables attached to the contours
- Create 3D terrain models
- DTM / TIN surfaces
- Apply any dynamic Background Map texture (images) to terrains
Terrain functions in BricsCAD 20 (click to enlarge)
- Bing Background Maps: Eight new preset dynamic maps have been added (Dark, Gray, Light, etc.)
- Multi-Polygons: Polygonal elements can now be imported as Multi-Polygon entities (MPOLYGON) in BricsCAD
- Labeling linear objects: New option to set the spacing between Labels when labeling in import processes
- WFS data stores: New native data provider for WFS, more comprehensive that the existing ones based on FDO or OGR
- Coordinate systems: EPSG tables (CRSs and other objects) have been updated to version 9.8.2
- … and more
Import/export spatial or GIS data in Desktop or into/from BricsCAD, and experience the advanced tools to manage spatial data, such as terrains, dynamic background maps, quick drawing publishing in Google Earth, data structures and data grid, queries, layer thematics, automatic labeling, and many more
Note: Some features can only be found in the Standard or Professional editions. Some of them may not be available in older BricsCAD versions
Transformation of coordinates
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD will calculate geometric transformations of the features in line with the import and export processes, which will depend on the chosen Coordinate System (CRS) for the source and target data. The user can choose the appropriate CRSs from a complete CRS catalog or from a list which includes the most recent used CRSs.
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD allows to the BricsCAD users (from v.13), choose from among many Backgrounds Maps from many providers such as OpenStreetMap, Bing, MapBox, Ordnance Survey, etc. These maps will enhance the drawings quality and will let the users compare and check better. The map images are automatically updated when the drawing view changes (zoom, pan, etc.) and the images resolution is automatically adapted to the view size. The user can take static Snapshots of the Maps.
Publishing to Google Earth
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD includes a specific command designed to Export all or part of the entities in the visible Layers of the drawing and their data, to a KML or KMZ file (Google Earth) through a one-click operation. The current Layers organization and the properties of the Layers and entities are considered when creating the resulting GE file, and this file can be opened in Google Earth (if installed).
Data structure management and direct data edition
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD will manage the alphanumeric data which may come linked to the entities in the import processes themselves but the users can also design and edit the structure which will be used to store the data. They can manage the tables and the fields according to their needs. In addition, the data values can be modified in the palette of the application and there are two commands to select entities by Queries or according to the table that they are attached. As a plus, the application also provides a command that allows Zooming to the selected entities.
User data sources
Spatial Manager™ for BricsCAD incorporates the UDS technology to easily connect with spatial database servers, or data stores, and also as the way the user can define the path to a particular spatial data file, including their own connection parameters. UDSs avoid having to enter a lot of connection parameters, which are not easy to remember, and they are stored inside the user settings to take advantage of them in every application session.