PON CAD® is a professional BIM-oriented software to design and manage scaffolding, stages, stands, and roofs.
PON CAD offers a complete solution for all phases:
- Costs estimation and materials list
- Definition of technical drawings and 3D assembly schemes with views and sections for better work safety
- Easy interfacing to materials stock management solutions
- Preparation of winning presentations and commercial proposals
- Videos and rendering
- Structural analysis of proposed assembly
PON CAD™ General Overview
PON CAD™ used in conjunction with BricsCAD BIM
PON CAD allows you to comply with any law that regulates scaffolding projects. It sets no limits on drawing schemes: this means that you can draw any type of scaffold project (from small residential homes to big industrial tanks, shoring structures, etc.) with any scaffolding system. Using the .DWG file standard format ensures interoperability with other CAD software and allows to easily share projects with customers, contractors, and suppliers.
AutoCAD or BricsCAD?
PON CAD is an add-on that can be used with AutoCAD (version 2009 or newer) or BricsCAD (V12 Pro or newer). It inserts an additional menu and many commands and shortcuts to facilitate scaffold drawing, but at the same time you can use standard CAD commands (import, layout creation, copy, paste, move, etc.).
Scaffolding Design in Five Easy Steps
Open Your Plan
With PON CAD you can start drawing freely or you can import and use a dwg plan, a pdf file, an image or a 3D solid with big gains in productivity and designing precision.
Develop 2D Modules
The designer can easily create volumetric modules that represent scaffolding encumbrance, by tracing the plan or the image, or by freely drawing. After modules development, it is possible to move and rotate them, and to change their specifics (for instance height, starting point, scaffolding parameters, etc.).
After finding the optimal solution, thanks to a simple command the designer can determine every feature of the scaffolding and develop it in the most detailed way. After scaffolding development, it is possible to change and integrate any particular.
Bill of Materials
PON CAD creates precise bills of materials and provides accurate reports which are useful to manage warehouse, transportation and construction site. Bills of materials are produced in open standard formats; this facilitates integration with other software solutions.
All technical records (general drafts, sections, assembling schemes) can be created in few clicks thanks to powerful commands. It is possible to determine sections, views and details for assembling schemes.
PON CAD supports different levels of graphic detail. This allows to easily create commercial reports and presentations and facilitates commercial promotion and technical comprehension. All above-mentioned features are saved in pure dwg; thus everything is available for more modifications with other softwares (BIM, rendering softwares).
Supported scaffolding types and brands
PON CAD is a parametric software that can design any type, brand and model of scaffolding. Concerning system of measurement, both imperial units (inches, feet) and metric ones (mm, cm) are supported. MEC CAD has developed more than 30 library-catalogues for its Customers; PON CAD is always supplied with this generic libraries equipment:
- Multidirectional (cm 300,250,180,…)
- Kwikstage type
- Cuplock type A (cm 307-257-157, …)
- Cuplock type B (cm 300,250,180,150, …)
- Tube and Fitting (always included)
- American Frame (inch 78.7-61-37 x 60-27.5 )
- Layher type frame(cm 307-257-157, …)
- AT-PAC type
- Plettac Contur type
- Haki type
- Dss type (ringlock, cuplock)
More on request…
User may add other catalogue/libraries, already developed by MEC CAD for the main scaffolding manufacturers. The Customer can ask MEC CAD to develop new scaffolding libraries/databases on his behalf starting from technical drawings and relevant information.
PON CAD is available both in Spanish and English.
PON CAD for Stage Design
PON CAD can also be used for professional stage design, including for all technical documentation for construction design, structural testing, and safety certification.
PON CAD can be used to design:
- Modular Stages
- Stages of Multidirectional Scaffolding
- Direction and Light Towers
- Modular Grandstands
- Complex Structures
Projects which are developed with PON CAD can be imported in popular BIM systems such as BricsCAD® BIM and REVIT®.
Structural Analysis with Struct
NextFEM Struct is a solution developed together with NextFEM which is specific for structural analysis and checking of scaffolding and stages. The user can switch from the CAD drawing to the Struct module in clicks, and then carry out the analysis of the drawn structure with automatic assignment of materials and cross-sections.
The integration between the Drawing Module and the Structural Analysis allow you to save valuable time and resources. It is an innovative and complete tool for scaffold and stages projects with no limitations on structure shape and complexity. You can quickly switch from the Estimation to the technical drawing, and then to the Structural Analysis with few commands.
Material geometry and cross-sections refer to the data contained in the catalogues and manuals of every scaffold brand and type.
Struct module is based on the following technical codes:
- EN 1993-1-1: Eurocode 3 – Design of steel structures – Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings
- EN 12811-1: Temporary works equipment – Part 1: Scaffolds – Performance requirements and general design
- Import of the wireframe structural representation in PON CAD (fully automated from inside PON CAD), specialized for working and out-of-service conditions of the scaffolding
- Automatic assignment of materials and cross-sections from libraries
- Automatic assignment of self-weight, live and wind loads; user can change any parameter related to loading, such as wind and snow site, deck loads and many others
- Automated generation of load combinations and equivalent loading for structural imperfections
- Linear static analysis with integrated solver OOFEM
- Verification for scaffold steel members as per EN 12811, performed accordingly to EN 1993-1-1 – Eurocode 3. Structural checking is conducted at the Ultimate Limit State, and is customizable with an easy-to-use scripting language
- Checking of right-angle couplers and clamps as per EN 12811
- User can export the model to SAP2000® with all loads and combinations
- Generation of the analysis report in RTF format, including automatically generated screenshots
Struct module is powered by NextFEM.
- Powerful and flexible: FEM solver to check any type of structure
- Complete: NextFEM Struct can be integrated with several modules to cover different sectors of structural analysis
- Update and Technical Support: it is developed completely and continuously by engineers who use it daily and are available for professional advice on structural analysis
- Innovative and Up-to-date: NextFEM Struct is kept up-to-date with the latest technical codes and is innovative in 3D visualizations and checking report compilations