Compare BricsCAD® to AutoCAD®
BricsCAD offers a whole new world for those who venture beyond the AutoCAD®horizon. Among its growing community of users, BricsCAD is best known for its feature-rich combination of 2D drawing and 3D modeling.
Download “BricsCAD® V19 for AutoCAD® Users”
(PDF – 386 pages – Free eBook) tells you everything you need to know about making the switch from AutoCAD to BricsCAD’s newest release.
Ten great reasons why you should consider BricsCAD® over AutoCAD®
- No learning curve with a familiar user interface. Most AutoCAD® trained users are up and running with BricsCAD® within twenty minutes. For a complete comparison of the similarities and differences between BricsCAD® and AutoCAD®, download the free eBook “BricsCAD for AutoCAD Users” (PDF)
- Speeds up working on very large drawings with the AI enhanced, predictive QUAD cursor (…)
- BricsCAD® is more affordable with perpetual licenses starting from $635 for Classic, $850 for Pro, and $1,200 for Platinum. See the licensing cost saving table further down.
- 100% native 2D/3D DWG file support. Can read, edit, and save AutoCAD files v2.5 to .DWG 2018.
- Built-in architectural direct modeler with SketchUp SKP import, IFC import & export, and built-in BIM database.
- Advanced mechanical design features such as 3D constraints, design intent, assembly modeling, kinematic analysis, and BOM. Platinum Only
- Built-in industry leading sheet metal design functionality (…) Platinum Only
- Extensive customization and development capabilities using LISP (vl-, vlr-, vla-, vlax-), SDS, ADS, DCL, VBA, .NET, BRX, and TX (…)
- Executes LISP faster than AutoCAD®, and unlike AutoCAD® LT, BricsCAD® Classic runs LISP! (…)
- More than 1,200 partner add-on solutions, including for AEC, civil, GIS, survey, mapping, HVAC, fire protection, landscape, structural, electrical, mechanical, and packaging design, as well as highly specialized vertical applications. (…)