Compare BricsCAD® to AutoCAD®
BricsCAD offers a whole new world for those who venture beyond the AutoCAD®horizon. Among its growing community of users, BricsCAD is best known for its feature-rich combination of 2D drawing and 3D modeling.
Download “BricsCAD® V20 for AutoCAD® Users”
(PDF – 368 pages – Free eBook) tells you everything you need to know about making the switch from AutoCAD to BricsCAD’s newest release.
For CAD Managers
Ten more great reasons why you should consider BricsCAD® over AutoCAD®
- No learning curve with a familiar user interface. Most AutoCAD® trained users are up and running with BricsCAD® within twenty minutes. For a complete comparison of the similarities and differences between BricsCAD® and AutoCAD®, download the free eBook “BricsCAD 20 for AutoCAD Users” (PDF)
- Speeds up working on very large drawings with the AI enhanced, predictive QUAD cursor (…)
- BricsCAD® is more affordable with perpetual licenses starting from $650 for Classic, $850 for Pro, and $1,200 for Platinum. See the licensing cost saving table further down.
- 100% native 2D/3D DWG file support. Can read, edit, and save AutoCAD files v2.5 to .DWG 2018.
- Built-in architectural direct modeler with SketchUp SKP import, IFC import & export, and built-in BIM database.
- Advanced mechanical design features such as 3D constraints, design intent, assembly modeling, kinematic analysis, and BOM. Platinum Only
- Built-in industry leading sheet metal design functionality (…) Platinum Only
- Extensive customization and development capabilities using LISP (vl-, vlr-, vla-, vlax-), SDS, ADS, DCL, VBA, .NET, BRX, and TX (…)
- Executes LISP faster than AutoCAD®, and unlike AutoCAD® LT, BricsCAD® Classic runs LISP! (…)
- More than 1,200 partner add-on solutions, including for AEC, civil, GIS, survey, mapping, HVAC, fire protection, landscape, structural, electrical, mechanical, and packaging design, as well as highly specialized vertical applications. (…)