BricsCAD is free of conceptual mistakes of history-based MCAD software. You will never need to restart your design from scratch, because we guarantee maximum flexibility for changing your models by combining the freedom of direct modeling with the power of feature-based design.
Import or Create From Scratch
Import Sheet Metal parts from any CAD system. Supported formats include neutral ones – such as STEP and IGES – native formats – such as CATIA, Inventor, SolidWorks – and kernel formats. By converting your parts to sheet metal, you can easily distinguish one sheet metal feature from another and visually validate them. Each of the sheet metal features – flanges, bends, junctions and reliefs – has its own assigned color.
Create the desired shape of the solid using direct modeling operations such as adding chamfers, creating a shell and creating a hole.
Rework Your Design
You will never need to restart your design from scratch. We guarantee maximum flexibility for changing your models by combining the freedom of direct modeling with the power of feature-based design.
- Add flanges by pulling edges
- Move and rotate flanges
- Split and connect flanges
- Add corner and bend reliefs
- Convert hard edges to bends and junctions
- Switch between bends and junctions
- Choose type of corner reliefs (rectangular, circular or v-shape)
- Delete redundant flanges
- Re-thicken and repair sheet metal bodies
- Feature validation in Browser points your attention to potential problems
- The Commands Report makes rework easier, highlighting problems with the geometry
Finish Your Sheet Metal Model
In manufacturing more than 80% of the imported sheet metal parts from a CAD program are not ready to be manufactured. To prepare your design for manufacturing, sheet metal parts can be unfolded automatically and then exported to 2D .dxf or 3D .osm files for further processing with a variety of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) systems – for nesting, cutting, and bending.
- Unfold sheet metal bodies
- Use bend tables with smart interpolation to make flat pattern dimensions respect your materials and bending tools
- Export flat patterns
- Send 3D models to CAM systems
Automatically Unfold Sheet Metal Parts
BricsCAD Sheet Metal features one-click sheet metal parts unfolding. The software automatically detects and highlights any colliding bends. Once your design is ready for production, simply convert it to .dwg and .dxf files. You can add annotations for manufacturing with CAM systems.