The new BricsCAD V17 brings the power of Building Information Modeling to the .DWG world. Create intuitively without limitation as you would do in SketchUp – but be faster and more precise. BricsCAD BIM combines in one product the most advanced 3D sketch modeler with full IFC certified BIM functionality. It allows you to work through all the typical design stages without leaving the .DWG platform.
Gent, Belgium: November 2, 2016 — Bricsys is pleased to announce the release of the newest update to its innovative CAD system. BricsCAD V17 supports 2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, Sheet Metal Design, and Building Information Modeling. It is unique as the only CAD system in the world to base all these design functions on the industry-standard .DWG file format.
For mechanical designers, V17 offers an intuitive Direct Modeling workflow, seamless read/write of industry standard MCAD design files and assemblies, and the third release of the world’s best Sheet Metal modeling and unfolding system.
At Bricsys, we know that countless new features do not equal productivity. When you use a CAD tool, it’s about your workflow; it’s all about getting your designs documented so that you can bill for your work, build that building, machine those components or fabricate that assembly. Today, you can work in BricsCAD using familiar 2D drafting tools – tools that work in a familiar language that you know well. In all three editions of BricsCAD, you can load and run your existing LISP routines directly.
New and Improved 2D and 3D Features
BricsCAD V17 greatly strengthens your ability to create and design in 2D and 3D. Here are just a few of the top user-requested features in V17:
- The new dock-able, modeless Layer Explorer keeps layer names and layer settings at your fingertips while drawing and editing.
- V17’s new dimension style families let you easily create derivative styles from a single parent dimension style. The new compare dimension styles feature in the Dimension Styles Explorer makes short work of organizing your dimension style catalog.
- You can document your models faster with expanded section views – full, half, offset, and aligned sections are now automatically generated and stay associated with your models as you refine your designs.
- The next evolution of the “dynamic block” is here in V17. BricsCAD parametric components makes the creation of pre-defined features, such as parametric holes, form features, and ribs simple – and you can place and adapt these components in 3D with a series of mouse clicks.
- Need to compare your model with a client’s or a vendor’s? The 3D compare function lets you open two drawing files, and uses intuitive color coding to instantly report on the differences between their 3D solids and surfaces.
- Support for high-resolution screens (UHR) makes 4K a reality for BricsCAD users.
BIM for BricsCAD
The greatly expanded BIM add-in for BricsCAD brings the power of Building Information Modeling to your desktop. They said it couldn’t be done – yet BricsCAD BIM offers an intuitive BIM workflow, in a familiar and comfortable workspace, within the native .DWG environment.
Each step of the workflow was designed for you – create massing studies with direct, push/pull modeling techniques while maintaining full precision in the .DWG database. Modify your concept designs easily with drag and drop building features. Add intelligence to the model as you see fit. Visualize your intent by slicing sections, creating elevations and making presentation renderings to present your ideas with high clarity.
All elements of your BricsCAD BIM project – walls, floors, columns, windows doors, etc. – are automatically classified in V17. BricsCAD BIM will guide you through the process of adding IFC-compliant data to building elements. Automatically generated 2D sections show all building details – keeping everything synched with the final construction document set. The direct integration of Chapoo lets you mirror the BIM geometry and data on your desktop with a connected version in the cloud – enabling seamless project collaboration.
Sheet Metal for BricsCAD
Sheet Metal for BricsCAD lets designers import or create, rework, unfold, and export sheet metal parts using 3D direct modeling. This intuitive workflow gives your designers freedom from many of the conceptual mistakes that surface when using history-based MCAD modelers. You will never need to restart your sheet metal designs from scratch because of modeling failures. Sheet Metal for BricsCAD guarantees the ultimate flexibility in how your models are created, modified, unfolded and re-folded.
Sheet Metal for BricsCAD V17 adds parametric form features that work like virtual forming tools to modify a sheet metal blank. The library included with the module contains the most commonly used form features, such as bridges, louvers, and embossed features.
Pricing and availability
The US version of BricsCAD V17 for Windows is available today. Additional languages and platforms will be released in the weeks to come. The free download provides a 30-day trial of all functions of the Platinum edition.
With BricsCAD you get more for less. Pricing of BricsCAD V17 starts at just $550 for the Classic edition.